Mobile technology is ever advancing and that is why every other time, new mobile devices (e.g. tablets) are released. 2016 is finally here and there are a lot of expectations in the mobile world with the manufacturers trying to come up with the devices that will be the best in the market. Although smartphones are currently more popular due to their sizes, tablets are still very important especially for business use because they act like a small laptop. If you are looking forward to some of the upcoming tablets for 2016, then look no further.
Below is a list of some of the best upcoming android tablets for 2016;
Android Tablets 2016: #1 Google/Huawei Nexus 7
After the huge success of Nexus 6P, Google is about to release another tablet in partnership with Huawei. It will be called Nexus 7. It is going to be an android based tablet and it is also expected that Google may keep its price low and therefore it will be easily affordable. Some of the specifications that it is expected to have include;
- It is to come with a snapdragon 820 Soc processor
- It will come with a RAM of 2GB and an internal storage of 16GB
- Its OS is going to be android 6.0
- Will come with a 7- inch screen display with a resolution of 2560 x 1800 pixels
The expected release date is July or August 2016.
Android Tablets 2016: #2 Asus PadFone S2
This is another android tablet that is yet to be released. It is expected to come with the following specifications;
- A 3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor
- RAM of 4GB
- An internal storage of 16 GB
- An android 6.0 operating system
- A 8 megapixel front camera
- A good battery with a capacity of 3060 mAh
- A 2K display
The company is also expected to address the overheating problem of Qualcomm. This tablet is expected to be in the market around March 2016.
Android Tablets 2016: #3 Samsung Galaxy Tab E7.0 (SH-T280)
This is another 2016 upcoming android tablet. It is expected to have the following features;
- A quad core 1.3 GHz processor
- RAM of 1.5 GB
- An internal memory of 8GB
- Android 5.1 operating system
- The primary camera will come with 5MP while the secondary one will come with 0.3MP.
Its predecessors are Tab E9.6 & Tab 8.0 and it is almost similar the old one (Samsung galaxy Tab 47.0) but as per its specifications, its performance may be low.
Android Tablets 2016: #4 Nvidia Shield Tablet X1
The company is about to launch Shield Tablet X1 which is another one of their Shield series. It will come with almost similar features as the Shield Tablet and as per the speculations, it will have the following features;
- A quad core 1.9 GHz processor
- A 3GB Of RAM
- An internal storage of 25GB
- The android 6.0 Marshmallow OS
- Full HD display with a resolution of 1920 x 1200
- An 8-inch screen display
It is not going to come with any camera.
2016 has just began and it has a lot to look forward to. If you are planning on purchasing an android tablet, be on the look out and once they are released, check to ensure that it has the specifications that you need. It is also important to note some of the details mentioned above may change (especially the release dates).