Several companies are rumoured to be working on a convertible Chromebook, but according to recent changes to the Chromium Repository, it seems that Samsung is working on the 2-in-1 Chromebook with a detachable keyboard.
The new changes made to Chromium Repository by Jongpil Jung, who has a Samsung email address attached to his profile, point at a Chromebook with the codename “Nautilus”. The same person is also listed on previous Samsung devices, so we know for sure it is a Samsung Chromebook. The changes include the following text, which points to a detachable keyboard. There is no other information at the moment.
This function is called whenever there is a change in the base detect * status. Actions taken include:
* 1. Change in power to base
* 2. Indicate mode change to host.
* 3. Indicate tablet mode to host. Current assumption is that if base is
* disconnected then the system is in tablet mode, else if the base is
* connected, then the system is not in tablet mode.
Nautilus board.c file