In general, the year 2015 was a spectacular one with respect to tablets. But now is the time top cast our glances ahead into 20 16. Analysts are predicting that 2016 will be the best ever year for tablets and there is one reason for this: tablet sales will hit a new low. In order to compete, manufacturers will simply need to up their game. Already, there are indications that the big manufacturers are revving up for the coming year. In this article, we tell you some of the tablets that you should watch out for. Read on to know what 2016 has to offer in terms of tablets.
Best Upcoming Tablet 2016: #1 Dell XPS 12
Dell hopes that this exquisite tablet is their perfect answer to iPad Pro and Pro 4, and it’s a little bit more than a mere tablet. The XPS is a hybrid between a PC and a tablet. It is therefore gravitates more towards a laptop than a tablet. It has amazing specs which include the following:
• 11-inch screen with 3840×2160 pixel display
• Intel core processor complete with a CPU that can support 8GB RAM
• It’s expected to have built-in keyboard dock and is expected to be shipped with own keyboard
• Will run on Windows 10
• Will feature USB-type C-ports rather than standard USB ports
Its release date is not yet clear. But sources say it might be released anywhere from the beginning of January to March 2016. Likewise, there is no information on its price.
Best Upcoming Tablet 2016: #2 Asus PadFone S2
What makes Asus PadFone tablet revolutionary is its unparalleled tablet/phone combo. Tech giants Asus plan to release next iteration of this PadFone in 2016. Here are the insights into what specs it could feature:
Features and Specs
• It is expected to feature Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor, which is so far the latest on the market
• It will feature 10.1” screen size with complete 2K display
• RAM of 4GB as well as 32 GB worth of internal storage
• Operating system is Android Marshmallows OS
• Will feature 21 MP rear camera and 8 MP front camera
Not much is known about the release date but experts see it to be around March.
Best Upcoming Tablet 2016: #3 IPad Air 3
One of the most outstanding things about the iPad Air is its ultra-thin design. Also, previous versions of this tablet have been oozing nothing but power, simplicity and sheer class. IPad Air 3 is expected to continue this tradition while setting more standards yet again. Below are some of its biggest talking points.
Features and Specs
• It will feature the A9X processor
• It will run on the iOS 9 platform
• It will come with a 9.7” screen with a resolution of 4096×2160 pixels (2K display)
• It will feature 8-MP iSight rear camera and 2.1 MP camera on the front
• The expected RAM will be 3GB with internal storage of 16, 64 and 128 GB
The release date is around March, which is not necessarily in conformity with previous releases of iPad Air 3.
Many analysts expect the iPad Air 3 to retail at $500-$600.
Best Upcoming Tablet 2016: #4 HP Elite X2 1012
Another best upcoming laptop 2016 promises is the HP Elite X2 1012. This is a high-caliber tablet that’s targeted at business professionals. The manufacturer hasn’t been willing to divulge a lot of information about the impending release, which is why there is very scant info about it. That notwithstanding, here is what people know so far.
Features and Specs
• The tablet will incorporate the most current Intel Core M processor
• It will be powered by Windows 10 OS
• It will feature a 12” screen with at least 2K resolution
• Its RAM size is expected to be 3 GB
• It will feature a built-in keyboard
It’s likely to be released around March.
There is scant information about what it will cost but experts see it retailing for at least $500.
Best Upcoming Tablet 2016: #5 Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
The lightweight Tab S is one of the best upcoming tablets 2016 will usher. This is mainly because of the gadget’s vibrantly saturated screens and super-sharp features. It’s expected to run on the latest version of Android which is Android Lollipop 5.0.2.
There is no news regarding its availability.
There is a lot that 2016b has to offer in terms of tablets. If you are looking for the latest tablet in 2016, take pride in the fact that 2016 will see the lowest sales of tablets. This should mean that manufacturers will do all they can to outdo each other. This only means that you can get the best ever tablet at the best price ever. In addition, they are feature-packed and boast the best design. Indeed, 2016 is full of promises for all the avid tablet users.